The Family Law Virtual Conference
The practice and procedure of family law has fundamentally changed since the start of the Covid-19 outbreak. Our highly practical conference, chaired by Fiona Sasan of Morton Fraser, will look at some of the most important challenges.
How well does the court process serve children? What impact has there been on the use of alternative dispute resolution? What are the implications for you and your clients of the use of remote hearings? What are the most important recent family law cases and what impact do the decisions reached have on your advice?
To find out the answers to these questions and more, join us to hear from our panel of expert speakers who will provide you with the practical tips and key insights that will help you give best advice to your clients in such unusual and uncertain times.
Reasons to join us
- Understand the practicalities of virtual hearings
- Learn about the use of alternative dispute resolution remotely
- Consider child disputes and how the views of the child are represented
- Learn from a panel of expert speakers
- Attend Scotland’s premier legal virtual conference from your device
What's being covered?
- Child disputes, the views of the child and the efficacy of the court process
- Lisa Girdwood, Brodies
- Alternate dispute resolution in the brave new world
- Lesley Gordon, BTO Solicitors
- Proofing from your spare room: A practical guide to virtual hearings
- Dianne Millen, Morton Fraser
- Immigration for family practitioners
- Jamie Kerr, Burness Paull
- Case law update
- Marie Clark, Arnot Manderson