The Rural Law Virtual Conference
With much uncertainty on a variety of fronts being faced by Scottish agriculture, this timely conference provides rural law practitioners with an essential update on current issues and some solutions to consider.
Under a backdrop of Brexit, Covid-19 and limited finances, how can the objectives of agricultural policy be met? What are the practical issues thrown up by the tenant’s amnesty period? How will recent cases affect your advice? What considerations do you need to take into account when dealing with contract or share farming agreements? What are the specialities to consider in forestry transactions?
Chaired by leading rural lawyer Hamish Lean, we look forward to welcoming you to this important virtual conference to get the answers to these questions and more!
Reasons to join us
- Learn about the challenges facing Scottish agriculture and the opportunities that may be available
- Consider the practical issues thrown up by the tenant’s amnesty period
- Understand how contract and share farming agreements work in practice
- Hear from our panel of expert speakers
- Attend Scotland’s premier legal virtual conference from your device
What's being covered?
Overview of the current and future challenges facing Scottish agriculture
Jonnie Hall, NFU Scotland
Practical amnesty issues
Hamish Lean, Shepherd & Wedderburn
Stumped by forestry? Getting to the root of forestry transactions
Emma Robertson, Shepherd & Wedderburn
Contract and share farming agreements – how they work in practice
Andrew Askew Blain, Brodies
Rural case law update
Robert Sutherland, Terra Firma Chambers