The Criminal Law Virtual Conference
The administration of criminal justice in Scotland has been greatly impacted by Covid-19.
Our comprehensive conference will look at virtual trials, the future of juries and the management of sexual offences in light of the pandemic. Away from the virus, hate crime, the impact of ss274 & 275 of the Criminal Procedure (Scotland) Act and some key developments at the SCCRC will also be fully considered.
Featuring leading QCs, solicitor-advocates and the SCCRC, and chaired by Sheriff Raymond McMenamin, our virtual conference is not to be missed!
Reasons to join us
- Consider how the Scottish criminal legal system has dealt with and continues to deal with the impact of Covid-19
- Learn about the developments in the management of sexual offences
- Understand the impact of proposed hate crime legislation on freedom of speech
- Learn from our panel of expert speakers
- Attend Scotland’s premier legal virtual conference from your device
What's being covered?
The Scottish criminal legal system and Covid-19
Ronnie Renucci QC
The management of sexual offences - what's new
Frances McMenamin QC
Sections 274 & 275 of the Criminal Procedure (Scotland) Act 1995
Neil Hay, MTM Defence
The impact of The Hate Crime and Public Order (Scotland) Bill
Fred Mackintosh QC
The work of the SCCRC
Gerard Sinclair, SCCRC
The Commission’s review in Mr Megrahi’s case
Michael Walker, SCCRC